Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] Re: next border expedition to set sail shortly
Date: Jun 29, 2003 @ 19:05
Author: Jan S. Krogh ("Jan S. Krogh" <jan.krogh@...>)

Maybe you misunderstood me, Jesper.  Or I did not catch what you have in mind.
As far as I know the Åland islands as well as Greenland and Jersey all do have local municipalities, but the mentioned Norwegian islands do not have that.  Excluding Jan Mayen because it is military run, at least Svalbard is especially interesting as these about 2,300 civilian inhabitants (1,400 Norwegians and about 900 Russians) still are living under a feudal regime without any real democratic system.

Jan