Subject: Re: last of the St Martin pics
Date: Jun 25, 2003 @ 14:12
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

we have seen this purportedly international bridge between
captain olivers hotel & his floating or elevated restaurant before
& have marvelled at the allegedly coastal border it jumps over
since international shoreline boundaries are so extremely rare

in fact i think we were left hoping against hope for its authenticity
at the time of our previous visit

but because the bridge or gangway or whatever it may be is on
private property
it could easily prove to be just a misunderstanding &or touristic
gimmick &or figment of the goodly captains invention

in any case i think we are agreed
we are not sure anyone knows the exact border
& it may be worth reiterating here especially
we are only hoping this is an international bridge

except for the 3 confirmed border monuments
& some plausible guesses about some stone walls
pavement changes etc
we are still looking for hard evidence of the true boundary

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Michael Kaufman