Subject: Re: Two Austrian tripoints
Date: Jun 24, 2003 @ 00:34
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

> Peter S.
>
> BTW: I made up these federal land abbreviations (except for
BY, which
> is official). ISO uses numbers instead of letters for Austrian
> federal lands. ISO doesn't consider the fact that we use their
codes
> in our notation. I wonder why?... :-))

clearly they werent expecting the likes of us
nor ever imagined anyone would become so devoted to talking
in diglyphs & hexaglyphs etc

& we have always been content to improvise new code on the fly
as needed
so no reason to necessarily stop doing that now

but just to imagine getting past this developmentally awkward
phase & beyond our perennial notational crises perhaps once &
for all
may i suggest we consider simply taking advantage in future of
the already fully elaborated hasc or hierarchical administrative
subdivision code diglyphs that are used by gwillim law in his
statoids pages

for example austria
http://www.mindspring.com/~gwil/uat.html
& the main page
http://www.mindspring.com/~gwil/statoids.html

these are pure iso anyway plus his careful inventions when iso
is lacking as in the present case of austria

of course 1 set of abbreviations is as good as another or several
but for ease of searching & researching at least
if not for comprehensibility also
using any single system is preferable to a freestyle mix & match
& here we do at least already have the worlds only known
comprehensive system of diglyphs ready made
nay custom tailored to our peculiar usages
down to & sometimes beyond the tertiary level