Subject: Re: mwzm no mas land purported
Date: Jun 19, 2003 @ 14:37
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jesper Nielsen"
<jesniel@i...> wrote:
> You are referring to msg 8487

right
thanx

> Mwami shoud be at the center of
http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=mmvw&msds=EX01
04ED80F2f$81Vz$9D$82Vz94002!701000!4$FF!50!Q$FF0!8$FF
$0D0Kzmkj$2C.Hmkdjm!2$FF50Kzmkj$E2AKa4$A2$2B$C0$2B
$60$B6$94$31d!2$40$960001000!4$FFG$BD$9D0000!2$FF00
00!2$FF$14000!6$FF!G010&rfrr=-6600
> but I don't see it.

here you can see mwami in relation to mchinji
along with the purported no mans land of kachebele or
kachebere that lies in between them
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?X=3650000&Y=-1537
500&width=700&height=400&client=public&gride=&gridn=&srec
=0&coordsys=mercator&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&scale=5
00000&advanced=&multimap.x=373&multimap.y=226

however
http://www.nrzam.plus.com/Site%20Resources/Religion/Kacheb
ere/Kachebere2.jpg
claims to show the actual mwzm border in kachebere
precisely where the purported no mans land is supposed to be

the border does at least appear to be uncontrolled here
so perhaps this is a soft frontier with a de facto neutral zone
surrounding the kachebele mission on all sides
if not comprising everything between mchinji & mwami
since these are both referred to in the article as border towns
regardless of their considerable distance from the boundary

> My guees is that the no mans land is some area cut of by a
river.

the above multimap swatch shows the river too
paralleling the border on the malawi side
but all the mentioned places are well to one side of it

so a river alone doesnt seem a sufficient explanation

but maybe the mission itself is a more probable cause of a
suspension of normal border protocols
& of an informal pocket or easement area surrounding it
but having no de jure reality

such an anomaly might have come to be called a no mans land
or a neutral zone
or whatever
yet without any express definition of it as such

in any case it will be interesting to see if the migration really
proves to be international
as well as what this supposedly restricted area is all about

http://www.zana.gov.zm/news/viewnews.cgi?category=1&id=105
> 5596585
> very near our funny little pene er proruption at zmse
> but i dont recall ma or brownlie ever mentioning anything like
this

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Service.