Subject: Re: Esmeralda/Nye notch near Tonopah
Date: Jun 14, 2003 @ 21:16
Author: adamnvillani ("adamnvillani" <avillani@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "acroorca2002" <orc@o...> wrote:
> welcome at last adam
> after 22 months of lurking
> a new bp record
> & thanx for the interesting question too

Sure, no problem. I actually wasn't actively lurking for a
substantial fraction of that 22 months.

> precisely right on all counts
> 1864 nye county is formed
> 1905 tonopah becomes its 3rd county seat
> 1913 your boundary change is enacted

Thanks... inspired by your ability to find the dates on those, I
poked around on the web and found the Nevada legislation on county
boundaries. Interesting stuff. In california, most county formation
stopped about 100 years ago, too. I wonder if the importance of
county boundaries (and thus the gradual decline of changes in same)
is linked with the rise of better transportation and communication
networks.

Adam