Subject: Re: Torres Strait Islands Exclaves?
Date: Jun 11, 2003 @ 12:09
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

good luck with the archive
as it has been practically unsearchable lately

my recollection is
the territorial waters of the 2 countries are indeed delineated
first across the approximate middle of torres strait
& secondarily surrounding the enclaved islands or groups

sort of like the liberty island clave
but with territorial waters also accruing to the islands here

so i am pretty sure you do have real claves
exactly as you define them below
which i agree is the main event here
but dont yet know their true number or shapes

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jan S. Krogh"
<jan.krogh@t...> wrote:
> Thanks, I'll check up with the archive!
> The essential here is of course if these islands are inside
PNG territorial