Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Topomap: EELVRU
Date: Jun 09, 2003 @ 09:21
Author: Jesper Nielsen ("Jesper Nielsen" <jesniel@...>)

Attachment missing.

Jesper
----- Original Message -----
From: Jan S. Krogh
To: BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2003 11:21 AM

Jesper,

Now I understand which river you mean!
Sorry, Laukupe seems to have gone underground or dried out. I cannot find it neither on my Estonian or Russian maps from 2000 and 2002.
Enclosed is the best map I have showing border rivers in this area.

It is possible that they have disappeared. The communists most often destroyed any monument which could be connected with the "bourgeois" era.  Then one can expect that border stones were something of the first they attacked. (But maybe we will be lucky in a very remote and deep forrest with many wild boars and where some crazy Baltic tribe are told to live... ;-)

Jan