Subject: Re: NW corner TX panhandle
Date: Jun 09, 2003 @ 06:18
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

the photo linked in message 10400 makes the corner of texas
seem to cross the road entirely
& it is hard for me to doubt the reality & relative accuracy of the
fence lines
not only as shown there
but also as previously eyeballed by me on the ground
so i have to wonder
perhaps the 24k topo is overworked when magnified to 6k scale
& is it possible that the far shoulder is the one indicated by the
other data you mention

also the photo makes it seem like there was a recent or ongoing
road widening project there
which could have substantially changed the relationships &
alignments from how we ourselves recall them

also
rambling on & doubling up to save messages
as i am getting sleepy
i do agree with you about highway 340 near mdvawv
& dont see how there could possibly be 2 virginia stretches there

nor btw how there could possibly be anything but safety around
here

as you have observed
he who is happy goes lucky
which of course includes safe

& thanx to our precision try pointing
& the deliberate creation it engenders
lucky us
perfectly safe
by just continuing to point at what we like
& thus continuing to live happily ever after

good night all

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "jparsell"
<jparsell@n...> wrote:
> On this NAD83, 1:6000 Topozone map it appears that the
marker is off
> the pavement, but within the road right of way. As I recall the
Clark
> Monument was near the edge of the road and was a collision
hazard, so
> it was removed and replaced at the same location by an under
ground
> marker referenced by two witness poles located well away
from the highway.

http://test.topozone.com/map.asp?z=13&n=4041232&e=675387
&s=6&u=2&datum=nad83

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?z=13&n=4041216&e=67516
> 8&s=25
> at the northwest corner of the texas panhandle
> where both rumor & fence lines indicate texas gets barely
nipped