Subject: Re: Hancok, MD
Date: Jun 08, 2003 @ 20:52
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Brendan
<pit.hokie@a...> wrote:
> Great find, Michael! Although further viewing leads me to
believe that
> this road remains in New Mexico the whole time.

thanx brendan
http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?t=2&s=11&x=1688&
y=10102&z=13&w=1
makes it appear we have a real winner here
but probably by several feet in both lanes
rather than just inches in one lane
oops

& you arent too offtopic at all since both your following examples
are practically stones throws from multistate points

glad to hear from you on or offpoint tho

> Not to get too off-topic, but US 340, which runs through Virginia,
into
> West Virginia and then back into Virginia for only several
hundred feet is
> thought to be the shortest. This location is near the MD/VA/WV
tripoint.

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=39.32360922847994&lo
n=-77.706354276978&s=25&symshow=n

> Also up for consideration is US 161 in the Four Corners area
(NM/CO/AZ/UT
> quadpoint).

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=36.996859594201005&l
on=-109.03193193499461&s=25&symshow=n

> >for the very shortest such
> >consider
>
><http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?z=13&n=4041216&e=675
16>http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?z=13&n=4041216&e=67
516
> >8&s=25
> >at the northwest corner of the texas panhandle
> >where both rumor & fence lines indicate texas gets barely
nipped
> >by the eastbound lane
> >& not at all by the westbound lane
> >of us56&64
> >
> >depending on which side of the vehicle one is sitting in
> >the travel distance might be measured in inches rather than
feet