Subject: Tin Bigha
Date: May 31, 2003 @ 00:36
Author: Brendan Whyte (Brendan Whyte <bwhyte@...>)

It's 178x85m, as agreed in the 1974 land boundary agreement posted on the
Indian High commission in Dhaka website.
http://www.hcidhaka.org/indbangla/list.html

I recall the corridor road being sealed, because the Bangladesh road either
side is sealed as are the indian roads north and south.

There is no fence along the roads, only a high one at the Bangladesh ends,
with gates, and a low one on the Indian sides.

The Indian guards do not allow photos of the corridor, either when I
crossed Bang-Bang, or Ind-Ind on two separate occasions. Hence my photo of
the Bangladesh guard post, taken with my back to the corridor gate.

I did once see a couple of photos in a copy of India Today (their
equivalent of Time magazine) c July or August 2000... or a similar
magazine... I forget the name... Tempo? And in 1992 and 1982, I believe
India Today carried photos and articles about Indian protests there after
the agreement signing, and at the handover respectively. But these were
taken before the area was landscaped, buildings erected etc. I did not
recognise the area from those photos.