Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: International Time Zone Outtasynchronicities
Date: May 30, 2003 @ 15:01
Author: Jesper Nielsen ("Jesper Nielsen" <jesniel@...>)

Remember timezone tps?

Jesper
----- Original Message -----
From: acroorca2002
To: BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2003 4:51 PM

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Craig" <trehala@y...>
wrote:
> Is the greatest time difference in neighbouring time zones
between
> Afghanistan and China (i.e., 3.5 hours)?

spectacular discovery craig
& i dont think such an extremity is even remotely approached
anywhere in the normal world

yet larger changes occur in antarctica
& especially
traveling between the antarctic peninsula & the australian
permanent base on the budd coast at casey via the south pole
you would actually not even have to change your watch at all
yikes
since you would move backward or forward exactly 12 hours

> In my travels throughout Arctic Norway, Finland and Russia, I
got a
> great kick out of the fact that each country is in a different time
> zone. Although I was travelling in a relatively small geographic
> area, I had to adjust my watch constantly, or else I might miss
the
> infrequent (twice-a-week) winter-schedule buses!
>
> Craig

something funny here too

you dont mean you were actually biking around the arctic in the
winter