Subject: Re: WorldN
Date: May 25, 2003 @ 01:42
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

meanwhile back in new guinea
the 4 probably matching marker candidates for dry bpe are of
cement & date from around 1966

the northernmost stands near the right bank of the fly river & the
southernmost 250 km away near the mouth of the benbach river
probably also on its right bank but that position is unconfirmed

& in between these 2 stand only their 2 fellow candidates
which could turn out to be roadstones since they are in an
otherwise remote savannah region with only 2 likely thru routes
shown crossing it & the border on maps

some if not all 4 of the monuments straddle the tonda wildlife
management area on the papuan side & the wasur national park
on the indonesian side
which together comprise over a million hectares

lots more from brendan in message 2275
but pix are still elusive even with the several new search terms

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "acroorca2002"
<orc@o...> wrote:
> finally a peek at dry bps
> the southernmost dry boundary point in the world
> first by map
> where you can also see it abuts a restricted nature area
> http://www.tierradelfuego.org.ar/pntf/mapas.htm
> & then the long panoramic view up beagle channel from
ushuaia

http://www.argentinaxplora.com/activida/parques/parc/tfuego.htm

http://www.dpc.dk/PolarfrontenDPC/3_01/IslandsReport.html

http://www.vanuatu.usp.ac.fj/pactreaties/Treaties_etc/treaties_In
> > donesia_&_Australia1.html
> >
> > the difficulty here tho is that until someone lays an industrial
> > strength gps on all 4 of these monuments
> > we wont know which of them is a few millimeters farther east
> > than the others
> > tho it is some consolation to at least know the longitude of
dry
> > bpe down to the nearest second wherever it may lie
> >
> > no pix of any of the 4 candidate monuments nor of any of the
14
> > probably identical monuments in this series have yet been
> found
> >

> > turning next to dry bpw
> > which is in itself a fun thing to do
> > since it lies at almost the mirror image of the dry bpe
longitude

http://www.internationalboundarycommission.org/coordinates/S
> > ECT-P-83.txt
> > &

http://www.internationalboundarycommission.org/coordinates/S
> > ECT-Q-83.txt
> >
> > & tho picture archives show many of the key monuments on
> the
> > alaska border
> > none is ever mentioned as existing at this most critical
position

> > pix of mount saint elias also abound
> > but none in which this turnpoint or any part of the border can
be
> > discerned
> >

> > i did just find several interesting pages tho about this
peculiar
> > peak to peak caus line dating back to 1825 when it was still
> gbru
> > beginning at
> > http://www.explorenorth.com/library/weekly/aa103000a.htm
> >

> > & turning finally to dry bps
> > which is nowheres near a mirror image of the dry bpn
latitude
> > being a whopping 15 degrees less extreme than it
> > this point is easily identifiable as being where the argentina
> chile
> > meridional border meets the beagle channel on tierra del
> fuego
> > but i have found no word of where the terminal monument
lies