Subject: was nj underdog pushed back 6 feet here
Date: May 13, 2003 @ 13:37
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

it looks like delaware may have managed to slice an extra 6 feet
of tongue here too off of new jersey
between the 1984 recovery of the monument lost 38 years before
& the 1986 installation of the one someone intended to replace it
del nj ref 6 marker
but i would bet that if anyone ever cared about these 6 extra feet
of nuclear dump
the rediscovered 1934 rock would trump its 1986 pretender

my own measurement of the radius of the supposedly 12mile
newcastle arc swipe that comprises this little sector of denj
based on the 1934 monument position
already made it by far the largest radius of the surviving 5 distinct
new castle arc sectors

in fact it was inexplicably too large
even without this attempted addition

if it really had been a real 12mile radius arc swipe centered on
the new castle courthouse belfry
as it was supposed to be
it wouldnt even have cut that tongue at all

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "acroorca2002"

<trehala@y...>
> wrote:
> > Hi S. D.
> >
> > I just checked an atlas and found this fragment. WOW!
Thanks!
> This is
> > exactly what I'm looking for. I love this kind of thing, and
thanks
> > to you all for your replies.
> >
> > Craig
> > Aspiring tripointer
> >
> > There are numerous river borders
> > > where short stretches of land are in the "wrong" state for
> various
> > > reasons, and many of these are extremyl short. One
> example I found
> > is
> > > on the Delaware-New Jersey border, a bit south of where
the
> > Chesapeake
> > > and Delaware Canal enters the Delaware River. There,
you'll
> find a
> > > border fragment which is less than a quarter mile. It
wouldn't