Here we see
NdeM Niágara 3028 at Valle de México yard in Tlalnepantla, Estado de México,
during February 1961. This locomotive was built by the American Locomotive
Company in Schenectady, New York, USA, in August 1946. NdeM ordered 32 4-8-4's,
16 from ALCO and 16 from Baldwin Locomotive Works. They constituted Class QR-1
at NdeM, where this wheel arrangement was called "Niágara."
The photo apprears with
permission of Jim Shaughnessy, a long-time rail photographer and author who
lives in Troy, New York. The photo and caption information were submitted to our
Photo Gallery by Lou Champlin.
To return to the
MEXLIST Photo Gallery index, click here.