These photos by Carlos Caraveo Carbajal were taken on the Bosques
de Chihuahua line in 1976. Bosques de Chihuahua S. de R.L. de C.V. was a timber
company with its own rail line that branched off the
Ciudad Juárez-La Junta line of the Ferrocarril Chihuahua
al Pacífico at Cumbre, Chihuahua.
BCh owned two 1,600-horsepower Fairbanks-Morse H-16-44's. Both remained
in the F-M demonstrator paint scheme in which they were delivered.
Here we see BCh H-16-44 1000 leading a pulpwood train. The second unit is
BCh H-16-44 501.
For the next
photo in this series, click here.