Subject: Re: The border division starts here
Date: Jan 28, 2003 @ 15:29
Author: acroorca2002 <orc@orcoast.com> ("acroorca2002 <orc@...>" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Craig Rowland
<trehala@y...> wrote:
> This is where the fence begins. After scrambling down
> the sandy cliff, I touched down onto the southern bank
> of the Tana River.

that must have been quite a twinkle
even if not quite the absolute extremist boundary point
where the border actually does divide into distinct sectors
& indeed turns
at midstream

> I walked over to the FINO dividing
> fence. When I took this photo, one foot was in Norway,
> the other in Finland.

so i am left wondering
if i were in the photo also straddling fino & facing you
what would i see

would i see the river at the bottom of the cliff
& perhaps even the thread of the stream
& be able to sight this most distinguished boundary point upon it
just above or really behind the top of your head

or might you perhaps even have such a pic
showing the truly northernmost international boundary point in
the world

if so
or even if not
please fire away again at will about this or anything else you like
as soon as you get the scanning down pat

i really should apologize to jannis & my alter eguy mike
& anyone else who cant handle such large meals
for my having egged you on so without explaining stuff like this

it was just my own exuberant appetite too

i will try not to let it happen again

but you craig please carry on
encore