Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Somewhat accurate Madha?
Date: Nov 28, 2002 @ 23:14
Author: Kevin Meynell (Kevin Meynell <kevin@...>)

>also whatever one may think about the way the usa excised guantanamo from
>cuba in 1903 & 1934 as the price for nominal cuban independence & final
>territorial integrity respectively
>much the same as the uk did to cyprus all at once in 1960

One hopefully didn't give the impression of trying to judge the rights and
wrongs of the Guantanamo Bay and/or Cyprus situations. My intention is only
ever to present the facts without interpretation, or if interpretation
improves understanding, by using references which I simply happen to be
familiar with.

>since the right of might evidently still does trump the rule of law & it
>seems the rule of law kicks in only when it suits the mighty

Yes, I think you're right.

Regards,

Kevin Meynell