Subject: Re: "Living Islands"
Date: Jan 03, 2002 @ 17:36
Author: ps1966nl ("ps1966nl" <smaardijk@...>)

The reason to pick up this almost prehistoric BP message, is that I
just (a couple of minutes ago) heard the mayor of Schiermonnikoog on
Dutch radio, saying that he wants a boundary correction between the
municipality of Schiermonnikoog (Frisia) and that of Eemsmond
(Groningen). The main reason for this is the responsability in the
area concerning the handling of calamities, according to the mayor.
The boundary change should be effective for a long time, and since
the island is persistently walking in an easterly direction, the
mayor mentioned the possibility (or desirability) to transfer the
island of Simonszand (an uninhabited piece of sand only slightly
higher than your average sand bank), in between the islands of
Schiermonnikoog and Rottumerplaat, from Eemsmond to Schiermonnikoog
(and thus from Groningen to Frisia).

Peter S.