Subject: Re: "Pene-enclave"
Date: Dec 13, 2001 @ 18:03
Author: granthutchison ("granthutchison" <granthutchison@...>)

Michael:
> there you have the reason grant for my evidently mistaken surmise of
> your meaning above because i imagined you were talking & playing
> straight bp too as you usually do
Not mistaken at all: I was originally looking to use "pene-enclave" as
a strictly topological designator (an enclave joined to the parent
entity or another enclave at a single point), and would have used it
as such if Brendan hadn't fixed my misapprehension. It leaves us, as
you say, with a need for a name for the topological, strictly BP item
of which we now have four on land and one at sea at the EEZ level. And
I do like your coining clavicle, which a bit of Latin etymology would
link to clavicula, a tendril - and what is a point connection but the
limiting case of a tendril?

> & i would add tho not to you grant
Good of you to specifically exclude me, but are you and I not as
guilty as anyone, after our recent off-message straying into palindromes?

Grant