Subject: Re: the elusive frgbnl et al
Date: Dec 06, 2001 @ 18:45
Author: ps1966nl ("ps1966nl" <smaardijk@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., michael donner <orc@o...> wrote:
> however at this moment the biggest pea under all these mattresses &
> millenniums of messages & data seems to me to rest in the west
indies
> between st martin & anguilla where equidistance alone should yield a
> probable frgbnl tricountry point well within 12nm of all 3
sovereign dry
> land areas according to grant in 3796 but which is evidently
foreclosed
> as martin may also have meant in 1773 by the strangely modest 3nm
claim gb
> makes for anguilla & many other british colonies even while
claiming a full
> 12nm for the uk itself & a few other colonies
> all also according to grant in 2422

I can only add that acc. to
http://www.shom.fr/fr_page/fr_prod_lettre/17/lettre17_5.htm (French
Navy Hydrographic and Oceanographic Service site, this newsletter
bulletin dating from November 19, 2001), talks are underway between
France and the Netherlands reg. the maritime boundaries of both
countries in these waters. So it's not just because Britain may claim
3 instead of 12 nm here that the tripoint is uncertain, to say the
least.

By the way: look also at
http://www.shom.fr/fr_page/fr_prod_lettre/13/lettre13_3.htm . There
is a little map of the St. Pierre & Miquelon EEZ (at "Partage de
territoires", click on "carte")

Peter S.