Subject: Re: Border picture on the money/Neuwerk
Date: Jul 25, 2001 @ 21:37
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

Some additional information (history) can be found at:
http://www.hamburg.de/StadtPol/stats/neuwerk/welcome.htm .
Fascinating to learn the place is inhabited (33 inhabitants), and a
part of the district of Hamburg-Centre (Bezirk Hamburg-Mitte).

Harry,

Me too, I would like to see that little piece of mainland. My guess
is that the two boundaries of the Hamburg part of the Wadden Sea come
together at one point, located on the sea dike (or just before it),
thus leaving a very small, acute (by form), part of permanently dry
land (except for calamities, to be sure) to the Free and Hanseatic
City of Hamburg.

Am I right?

Arif,

I think the piece of land can be seen on the map on the website I
posted. It is the little part that is "Zone II", in the extreme SE of
the map.

Peter S.