Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Border picture on the money/Neuwerk
Date: Jul 24, 2001 @ 22:05
Author: Harry ten Veen ("Harry ten Veen" <pa8km@...>)

Thank you Peter,

I am in possess of the original map 1:7.500.
It is a fact that indeed a little piece of the coast of Niedersachsen also
belongs to the
"Freie und Hansestadt Hamburg".
I would call this an interior-land-connected-sea-enclave!

>>Does anyone know more of these or possible
interior-not-land-connected-sea-enclaves ??

When I visited Neuwerk + Scharhörn in 1989 and Neuwerk again in 1991, I
wasn't that border-conscious to look for any signs or markers on the
mainland. I regret now......

Here is a picture of the banknote:
http://www.ecb.de/change/bn/bnde10.htm

And yes, I admit, it is a very, very little drawing!!

>>Can anyone confirm that it is a sextant??

gl
Harry ten Veen