Subject: Re: more thinking about trilines &c/Significant Boundary disputes
Date: Jul 10, 2001 @ 21:50
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Michael Donner" <barbaria_longa@h...>
wrote:
the trick & real test of the power of everyones land will come in
defrocking the exclusively divine rights of kings scam that still
underlies contemporary views of sovereignty & territory
since most people really dont want to accept their own divine rights
yet & would still rather give them away to a sovereign or country
or really to anyone or anything but self

&

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Randy Finder" <naraht@D...> wrote:
> I'm looking for *significant* boundary disputes in the world right
> now.

Combining the two, I wonder whether all countries have ratified
and/or adhere to the Antarctic treaty. I remember seeing maps of
overlapping claims by the UK, Chile, and Argentina. Fairly big
chunks! Are these claims still standing tall? Or are the penguins
(or "every man") the real winners for a change?

What _are_ all these claims to Antarctica still worth, in the light
of the Antarctic Treaty?

Peter S.