Subject: Re: In the vicinity of Steinstuecken
Date: Jun 26, 2001 @ 13:06
Author: David Birch ("David Birch" <dbirch@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@y...> wrote:
> Another very curious part of West Berlin was Albrechts Teerofen. A
> motorway that for a very short stretch crosses WB territory, re-
> enters the GDR, and then enters WB once more. This site looks at
the
> motorway, amongst other things. Later, a motorway by-pass was built
> to avoid Albrechts Teerofen. The now defunct stretch was used for
> stunts for a German TV series.

That leads me nicely to the next map I've posted to the files area!
It's the south-western corner of a 1977 map published by the Berlin
Transport Authority (BVG) showing bus routes in West Berlin. Here's
the link:

This nicely shows the motorway by-pass (and includes Wüste Mark)
although it doesn't show the old motorway at Albrechts Teerofen.

However the main reason why I've posted the map is to draw attention
to the strange bus route "E" from Wannsee to the motorway junction at
Drewitz. I've still got the West Berlin bus timetable from my 1977
visit and I've uploaded a scan of the page here: