Subject: Re: Border tv series... cross your fingers!
Date: Jun 19, 2001 @ 00:25
Author: bjbutler@bjbsoftware.com (bjbutler@...)

I asked because I think there are two main camps among "boundary
people" and it shows in the type of boundary points they are
interested in.

The first and possibly largest group, judging by our e-mail
discussions, is interested in the geopolitical aspects of
boundaries. This group likes to visit places where boundaries bisect
towns, etc.

The other group, to which I belong, is primarily interested in
boundary "points" (quad-points, tri-points, and other prominent
boundary corners) as arbitrary travel destinations. I like being
able to see the weather map on TV and see the boundary junctions and
know I have been at those locations. I like the logistics of getting
to these points and, best of all, they rarely have any conventional
travel value - sort of the antithesis of Disney World.

So you might consider two styles - a geopolical one and an offbeat
adventure/travel one.

BJB

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Doug Murray" <dmurray@s...> wrote:
> The audience is multi-national. I see the series being done in
English,
> then translated into other languages. The target person would be
someone
> with an interest in boundaries/political
science/geography/cartography/history.
> However, it must be accessible to the layperson. I don't want to
bore
> or talk over the heads of people. I want to inform and pique their
curiosity
> with interesting and important stories about borders. Subject
matter
> is the story of the people who are affected by the borders, not so
much
> the physical lines themselves (though, in the case of the
Korea/Korea