Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] Boundary lines Sweden-Denmark + Singap/Malays ia
Date: Jun 14, 2001 @ 20:20
Author: Mats Hessman (Mats Hessman <Mats@...>)

And then there is the case with borders
in tunnels under the sea, and I can think of
only one; France - UK.

If we think there are only two categories,
land borders and sea borders, then I'd count
bridge/tunnel-border as land borders.

After all, they have a lot in common with
ordinary land borders; wheeled traffic can
cross them, you can put boundary markers in
the ground on them, overly pedantic customs
officers can harrass you at them and you can
close them with off with fences and barbed wire.

Then again, they are so special and therefore
exciting to us boundary-nuts, that they may
qualify for a classification of their own?

Let there be:
1. Land borders
2. Sea borders
3. Man-made-constructions borders

Btw, does this have any bearing on the discussion
on clave classification? :) Are there man-made
claves? Aren't (weren't) there some quite interesing
cases in the Canal Zone, as has been put forward here
recently?