Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] Your Corbis e-card from a friend
Date: Jun 13, 2001 @ 20:34
Author: Mats Hessman (Mats Hessman <Mats@...>)

A good guess would be that the border is actually precisely
where the sign is, i. e. the white line probably constitutes
the border.

I base this on pictures of other "you are leaving..."-signs
that I have seen. Some were quite exact, saying for example
"You are leaving the british sector in 70 metres", or
"Soviet sector begins 2 metres behind this sign".

As the sign on the picture says "You are leaving..", meaning
"You are NOW leaving..", I believe it stands immediately
in front of the border.

Which border crossing is it, by the way?

Mats