Subject: Re: Iron Curtian stories: Sidonie
Date: May 29, 2001 @ 09:16
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

After some searching, I found that the exchange of Sidonie/U Sabotu
took place on July 25, 1997:
http://www.fss.muni.cz/projekty/stisk/issues/stisk_10_98/ . In
English: http://www.rferl.org/newsline/1997/07/3-CEE/cee-280797.html .

So in my opinion, it would be strange to find the boundary still in
the middle of the village, in that small stream. Perhaps this chapter
3 is a bit old?

Peter S.

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@y...> wrote:
> In chapter 3, the story of Sidonie comes up, with the czsk boundary
> running through the village. But then it looks like the treaty of
> 1994 (see msg. 1665) was not executed, or this article is older
than
> it says here (1999). Acc. to the news item referred to in msg.
1665,