Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Topozone Discrepancies
Date: May 16, 2001 @ 01:09
Author: Bill Hanrahan (Bill Hanrahan <hanrahan@...>)

Terrain in Florida is suprisingly varied, but it's a matter of scale.
Compare the rolling horse farms in the Ocala area with the Everglades or
the Kissimmee River headwaters. I generally deal with five foot
contours; anything less than that is inconsequential for my purposes.
In addition to siting factors, I also need to take into account HAAT
(height above average terrain for RF purposes). Small variations also
are significant in the context of flood control down here.

Michael is right though...we certainly did "climb" Mount Okeechobee!

Bill

www.