Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] illinois counties
Date: May 15, 2001 @ 06:47
Author: michael donner (michael donner <m@...>)

quite a treat brendan

i think there may be a few other states fully worked up like this
florida for one
& i trust everyone knows the canadian territorial development site
& the endlessly fascinating motorized one of the united states
none of which i can find at the moment

the upshot of these particular data tho is that we can now put our finger
on what is very possibly the earliest quadcounty aka tertiary megapoint
in the usa
modern joposawi or johnson pope saline williamson since 1847
whose predecessor frgajopo with franklin & gallatin dates back to 1818

also possibly the oldest to reach full cockabebble bodeogwi since 1837
boone dekalb ogle winnebago

& we can see chcoedve the predecessor of modern chdoedve
also extant since 1833
but seemingly slightly misdrawn at this site since 1836
so it looks like 2 tripoints ever since rather than a true quad
but i believe this may be a single tho repetitive mistake

finally we can see our first ghost tertiary megapoint
heknmewa 1825 to 1831
whose constituents henry knox mercer & warren still exist
but in a different alignment