Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] njnyus by qe2
Date: May 15, 2001 @ 04:40
Author: Jack Parsell ("Jack Parsell" <jparsell@...>)

Michael,
Do I understand correctly that the njnyus point is at the intersection of  the nj-ny line
and the red line at the edge of block 492.  If so I got coordinates as follows:
N 40deg 29' 32",  W 73deg 54' 09"  which is slightly different from your calculation
However, viewing from the QE2 at a distance, we won't be able to tell the difference!

I also checked out the Shenendoah source on Topozone and found that the spring,
at about 3870 ft. appears to be the highest water.  Coordinates  N 38deg  26'  46",
W 79deg  36' 14"  at the spring. The trail from the picnic area on road 85 should
provide easy access to the spring. In contrast, the highest point on Briery Branch
is about 3560 ft. and it shows as intermittent for some distance down it's course.
Have a good hike!
Jack

jack
thank you very much
& delighted we can be together this way on our distant journeys

i think elephants & other giants do this too with ultrasound & such

the coords of njnyus lovingly hand cobbled from the only credible map i can
find
http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?z=18&n=4483585&e=590032&s=200
  not a bad map for orientational use also  i would say
are
n lat   40 deg  29 min  28 sec   & decimal 069
w long  73 deg  54 min  01 sec   & decimal 071
tho only the integral degminsecs are likely to be reliable

perhaps you can gauge them better using your formats tho
  than i can with my primitive toys alone

let me also hasten to correct my mention of the 5 oclock direction in the

i meant to say the 7 oclock direction  at that point

you can tell my clocks are rusty