Subject: Re: testing etc
Date: May 11, 2001 @ 21:28
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Michael Donner" <barbaria_longa@h...>
wrote:
> just testing the new facilities

What do you mean?

> pardon
>
> i didnt get that iqkwsa shot from outer space either

Me neither..
Jesper, please, be more precise (is it the right url?). This should
be the old quadripoint iqkwsa+neutral, I guess.

> except maybe if it landed a few countries short
>

> also it turns out the spratlies may not be so complicated after all
>

> prescotts 1987 map for example gives the impression there are
probably

> 3 philippine occupied patches
>
> 4 vietnam occupied patches
>
> 1 taiwan occupied patch
>
> & everything else unoccupied but with up to 6 claimants
>
> which i would therefore want to classify as omnisovereign

I wouldn't be so sure. This is a complicated bouillabaisse of
sovereignty and old-fashioned sea piracy. A lot of de facto, perhaps,
but not a lot of de jure. In this corner of the earth, every state (6
or so?) claims just about everything.

> anyway
>
> lets see if it works

How do you want to show us "it" works (whatever "it" is)? Or is it
these new facilities I don't get?

Peter S.