Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: ok so where are we
Date: May 02, 2001 @ 23:55
Author: Brendan Whyte ("Brendan Whyte" <brwhyte@...>)

>Indian/Bangla enclaves
>I had assumed that the oft-quoted 111 and 51 enclaves represented the
>*total*
>count - ie including enclaves-within-enclaves. But, Brendan, your recent
>posting seems to suggest that the 2nd and 3rd order enclaves need to be
>*added* to this total. That is:
>111 Indian enclaves + 3 Indian 2nd order enclaves + 1 Indian 3rd order
>enclave
>51 Bangladeshi enclaves + 21 Bangladeshi 2nd order enclaves.
>Is that correct?

I think the 111 and 51 are 1st and THIRD order, but exclude 2nd order. The
figures are often listed as EXCHAGEABLE enclaves, which is first and third
order only. Second order are nonexchangeable (they already belong to the
overall surronuding host country).
But until i can sort it all out, I'mnot putting money on any of the
numbers...