Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Fly river
Date: May 01, 2001 @ 11:08
Author: Brendan Whyte ("Brendan Whyte" <brwhyte@...>)

Victor Prescott's book should have the details. you can buy copies from him.
Email j.prescott@... and ask for his "Map of Mainland
Asia by Treaty" and "Boundaries of Asia and Southeats Asia".
The latter has the PNG details.
I suspect because it was a big river, it made sense to not leave the inside
of a large bend outside of PNG when it made more practical sense to leave it
to PNG
who could access it best.
I doubt it was ther Angle Inlet mistaker hypothesis. I will check tomorrow.