Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] how many countries in the world
Date: Apr 30, 2001 @ 01:02
Author: Brendan Whyte ("Brendan Whyte" <brwhyte@...>)

I got my count of a website, that listed countries of the world, so I may
have miscounted. Are places like Tuvalu and andoraa UN members?
How about cook Islands? Like Bhutan, they are a country but NZ looks after
foreign affairs and defence, like Indiadoes for bhutan.
The Chinese would include Sikkim as they do not recognise the referendum for
union with India (after all, referenda set dangerous precednets... :-) ).
Is East Timor a country yet?

BW