Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Triple land-locking
Date: Apr 29, 2001 @ 01:52
Author: Brendan Whyte ("Brendan Whyte" <brwhyte@...>)

That would seem right.
Not counting Nagorno or Palestinian west bank, Tibet, or SMOM:

triple-landlocked: 0 countries, 1 enclave, one counter-counter-enclave.
= 2 fragments

double-landlocked
2 doubly landlocked countries, Liechtenstein and Uzkebistan. And other
doubly landlocked enclaves include Campione, Busingen, the 7 dutch
counter-enclaves at Baarle, the russian enclave in Belarus, the 5 enclaves
of armenia and Azerbaijan (Nagorno doesn't count as it is not recognised as
Armenian or independent), the counter enclave at Madha in the UAE,the 6
other Ferghana enclaves and the 21 Pakistani and 3 Indian counter enclaves.
= 2 countries, 14 enclaves & 32 counter-enclaves
= 2 countries and 46 fragments.

single-landlocked
39 countries, 23 enclaves at Baarle, Llivia, 5 at Monschau, 3 at Cyprus [1
is already on the sea, although it has no territorial sea of its own]
Nakihichevan, Madha.
= 39 countries, 33 enclaves , 1 other fragment (Nakhichevan).
= 39 countries, 34 fragments

Unlandlocked:
approx 200 countries.