Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: divided islands-an answer
Date: Apr 28, 2001 @ 17:38
Author: michael donner (michael donner <m@...>)

excellent neighborhood peter

your assumption still seems correct to me
with no contrary evidence having surfaced

& unless an official map or further definition is ever found
the esfr boundary could actually have moved about with the thalweg
& the 2 could even be moving about together to this day
if no major avulsions have occurred that needed fixing
& thus esfr could conceivably have shifted to either side of the island
while the outline of the island could also very well have travelled too

so it could be legally shifting ground surrounded by legally shifting waters
& i would like to know what it really is if not that

i would also agree that the frontier may be widely equated with the river
for the river is a part of the visible frontier

& the thalweg may be a part of the visible boundary

but the river is not the boundary
nor is it the visibile boundary
nor is it even really a line

tho i agree the river is a broad line in a broad sense
in that it is a shape with breadth

but i dont agree that a line can be divided by a line in reality

at all events we are in the neighborhood & it is a very good one