Subject: Re: condo tripoints was south sudan separatist tripoints now foreseeable in 2009
Date: Dec 05, 2005 @ 20:22
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

whooops again & we may have to tone down that condo celebration a little yet after all
as well as conceivably accelerate the timing for the south sudan breakaway tripoints too
because the whole north & south sudanese peace agreement cum coalition government
that spawned the condo has already practically seized up over serious disagreements
about it
& other bilateral matters
as reported here
http://tinyurl.com/az8tk
which btw is actually
http://www.upi.com/InternationalIntelligence/view.php?StoryID=20051205-074242
-9725r

technically & legally the new condo tripoints still live
i still believe
as corrected below
but practically it seems just a question of how long it will be before they are essentially
replaced by the new world class tripoints created by the anticipated secession of south
sudan mentioned farther below

oh & also of course a question of which way the condo will go by that time
north or south
since probably not both

i think the 6 years mentioned in the article above must just be a mistake for 4 years
but it is hard to imagine a country running on for 4 months or 4 weeks in this condition

let alone a condominium of its 2 dysfunctional halves

so
the 2 south sudan breakaway tripoints are already looking like some serious competition
for eggzil & or any others that have ever looked like favorites in the new world class
tripoint derby

the new tripoint betting window remains open 24 seven btw
with odds offered up to the moment on any specific requests

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "aletheiak" <aletheiak@y...> wrote:

> [...]
> & not just to approach the cedilla under the h
>
> or in other words
> i pulled too small a sw corner tab off of kurdufan
> & should have peeled the condo up at the next meridional cut line to the east
> or 3 turn points farther up the line
> as well as peeled it up a good deal farther due north from there
> before tearing it off westward to darfur
>
> but besides the shape & size change
> this correction places the new eastern tripoint not on the bahr al arab at all
> as i claimed in darkness last night
> but out in the blank space at this extant state line turnpoint just east of the word
wahdah

> or at least that is the closest i can make it out
> subject to further verification & precision
>
> so
> evidently
> not necessarily a new boundary point
> but a virgin tripoint nonetheless
>
> & that much harder to find
>

> & i should probably also clarify in morning light
> that
> leaving novel codes aside
> & assuming south sudan is ss & north sudan or rump sudan is still sd
> then these 2 new northsouth condo tripoints are already now legally
> whatever else they may be
> sd2sdsdssssw & sd2sdsdsssse respectively
>
> the pure virgin being the latter
>
> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "aletheiak" <aletheiak@y...> wrote:
> >
> > this was message 18471 of about 6 weeks ago
> > seeking a map of the territory & especially the tripoints of the
> > new sudanese north south condo of the 9 ngok dinka kingdoms
> > which also straddles the fault line as both fulcrum & emblem of that countrys
seemingly
> > imminent breakup
> >
> > following the text
> > which may be worth a browse on the way down
> > is todays happy sequel
> >
> > --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "aletheiak" <aletheiak@y...> wrote:
> > >
> > > ok this is getting interesting
> > >
> > > here is not only legal confirmation of the 2 future tripoints i had til now only
surmised
> > > to whatever extent this future may be predictable
> > > but also evidence of a hitherto unnoticed but presently real north south
condominium
> > > & possibly even a steer toward locating its surprise bonus condo tripoints too
> > > http://www.reliefweb.int/rw/rwb.nsf/db900SID/SZIE-5ZJR4Z?OpenDocument
> > >
> > > for evidently all that is needed for this is a map of the mentioned 9 ngok dinka
> > chiefdoms
> > > seeing as they are all now officially in 2 places at once
> > > straddling the divide between north & south
> > >
> > > according to this recent comment
> > > http://www.sudaneseonline.com/earticle2005/oct5-50593.shtml
> > > the boundary demarcation process of the condo territory has already been finalized
> > >
> > > so
> > > can anyone find or point the way to an official or even an unofficial map of it

> > > op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=7&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

client=public&X=2700000&Y=1000000&width=500&height=300&gride=&gridn=&srec=0

&coordsys=mercator&db=w3&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=&localinf

osel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&zm=0&scale=4000000&multimap.x=246&multim
> > > ap.y=181

client=public&X=3800000&Y=1050000&width=500&height=300&gride=&gridn=&srec=0