Subject: Re: Okino-tori Shima/Parece Vela
Date: Mar 21, 2001 @ 14:14
Author: peter.smaardijk@and.com (peter.smaardijk@...)

OK, I will copy/paste it here (the relevant part that is):

1 / 3 of our national 200 nautical mile waters occupies the Ogasawara
archipelago which
The Ogasawara archipelago which is administrative area of Ogasawara
village is the 聟 island archipelago of north latitude 27 degree 44
part and general term of the island 々 of the size approximately 30
which is scattered to the immense sea area the between open sea no
Torishima of north latitude 20 degree 25 minute * east longitude 136
degree 5 part, and south Torishima of north latitude 24 degree 17
minute * east longitude 153 degree 59 part. If the center from Tokyo
is the father island which is categorized to far 1,000 km to south
and and relatively you think of that with even Hachijo Jima which is
on south they are approximately 300 km from Tokyo with in the Izu
archipelago, is not to be able to conjecture Ogasawara how is
distant, probably will be?
The most south edge and the most east edge of our country exist in
the Ogasawara archipelago which spreads to this north Pacific Ocean
sea area. Open sea no Torishima of the most south edge is the only
Japanese territory which is on south from the Tropic of Cancer, it is
the territory where south Torishima of the most east edge is
categorized to a further east, than northern territory in our country
is on the only Pacific Ocean plate. Open sea no Torishima was
appointed by coastal integrity area to October of 1987, approximately
300 hundred million Yen were spent and at that time it called big
topic that integrity business of the dew rock was done.
As for Ogasawara village the Izu archipelago it is similarly under
the Tokyo, the only route which ties the mainland and Ogasawara Tokyo
(the bamboo lawn) with ties between the father island, 1 time the
liner " umbrella straw circle which " it goes and returns is on
approximately 6th. Those where the general inhabitant has lived are
only the father island and the mother island even in the many
island 々, also population both islands together is 2,500 people. With
this much information as for Ogasawara village whether the far only
distant small remote island it is thought from Tokyo, the しれません.
But, the fact where of our national 200 nautical mile waters
approximately 1/3 is guaranteed truly by being the island 々 of this
small village, seems that is not known excessively. When you try
thinking of this fact well, is not to be able to call the village
where dream spreads endlessly, probably will be?
If you mention the sea of the Tokyo, it is tend to imagine Tokyo bay.
However, as for the Tokyo, it has become oceanic prefecture of the
extent which does not permit following in other prefecture the Ryukyu
archipelago along with Okinawa prefecture which possesses the Daito
archipelago, by being our Ogasawara archipelago. From the Izu
archipelago it reaches to the Ogasawara archipelago, it is splendid,
at the same time possesses the immense sea, being to have contributed
to the guaranty of the exclusive economic zone of Japan largely, it
does. And as for most forms every single in the notion that according
to the island 々 of the Ogasawara archipelago which Ogasawara village
one village, as for us we have great pride.

Yes, it's not Shakespeare English, but it makes more sense to me than
the Japanese text.

Peter S.

www.babelfish.altavista.com
> >> either type in the page to be translated or copy and paste the
text
> >itself.
> >> Brendan

> >>http://www.vill.ogasawara.tokyo.jp/200kairi.htm