Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] River sources
Date: Mar 19, 2001 @ 21:37
Author: michael donner (michael donner <m@...>)

these links actually do seem fairly typical of the dissertations &
meditations one can have with oneself alone while slogging up a
particularly testy sawanabori drainage

questions like
which stream presently seems to have a greater volume
but which seems wider
& which deeper
yet which faster
& could the apparent tributary normally be the main stem
but just be running a little dry at the moment
etc
etc
are routine

the 3 forks of the missouri for example present an especially tricky but
common problem because there an apparently main fork almost immediately
breaks up again into 2 more forks each normally smaller than the one just
bypassed
or so it seemed to me

& luckily we have it all here along the corentyne fully elaborated in both
netherophone & featherophone
with the heavier flow of penmanship at least seeming to come from the anglos
but the heavier weight of feathership going to the netherophiles

still that may actually be deceptive since the entire area on both sides of
the only ferry crossing
& indeed the only heavily populated area
anywhere along the entire unbridged river
namely around nieuw nickerie
was at least in the 60s & is probably still today so dominated by rice
fields & mosques & extremely peaceful generous charitable country people
that you really would think you were in some hinterland of east asia
& it is frankly hard to imagine any serious cacophones anywheres near there

luckily also the analyis touches on a very elusive tri country point for
which we have had no previous report
brgysr
the clearly still disputed modern brazil guyana suriname point
but it is not yet clear whether we really have one of it described here
or only a paleo version of one of it

indeed the entire discussion of sawanabori seems to anticipate & lead into
the search for river source tricountry points
which we will inevitably face time & again if we are to complete the world
class collection