Subject: Re: Former Dutch provincial enclave
Date: Mar 16, 2001 @ 23:05
Author: peter.smaardijk@and.com (peter.smaardijk@...)

Another map can be seen at
http://hagen.let.rug.nl/~s0165964/drenthe.html . Dingstede is at no.
13.

BTW: This is a site about a border dispute between the provinces of
Groningen and Drenthe, dating back to 1611. The ruler-like straight
border between the two provinces (the north-eastern boundary of
Drenthe) was mainly drawn in 1615 by land surveyor Sems (the boundary
is known as the Sems line).

Have a nice Sunday, Harry!

Peter S.

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Harry ten Veen" <h.ten.veen@t...> wrote:
> Peter, what a nice discovery!!!
>
> You must know, I live about 15 km to the NNE of Dingstede in the
city of
> Steenwijk!
> A pitty it is dark already, otherwise I would visit Dingstede right
now.
> Sunday I will take the family for a car-sight-seeing-ride. For you
to guess
> where we will go. ;-)
>
> Dingstede formerly belonged to Meppel. Meppel still has a school
called
> Dingstede and a road called Dingstedepad.
>
> A little more info (Dutch) on:
> http://www.maservice.nl/staphorst/geschiedenis.htm
>
> gl
> Harry ten Veen

Overijssel. It is
> a little part on the
> > southern shore of the Meppelerdiep canal, and is called
Dingstede. It
> apparently used to be part of
> > Meppel municipality (Drenthe). Nowadays it is definitely part of
Staphorst
> municipality
> > (Overijssel). On a 1:25k topo map, I can see a farm called
Dingstede (near