Subject: Re: Jerusalem
Date: Mar 02, 2005 @ 15:47
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "L. A. Nadybal"
<lnadybal@c...> wrote:

> If the Arab states ever convince Israel to pull back to the 1949
> borders,

hahahahaha

we'd have these no-man's-lands again that are between the
> marked lines on that map. They are part of the demarcation /
cease
> fire line complex. Technically they exist, but de facto they've
been
> overrun and ignored for years.

wait
complex
cough cough
& what do you mean by we again

len these were only de facto in the first place

nothing de jure here to ignore or technically exist at all

indeed even if they had been de jure
they would technically exist only in the minds of people who
believe the rule of law somehow automatically stands behind the
rule of force

the rule of law is only a proxy front for the rule of force

but in this case there wasnt even any prior rule of law to revert to
but only a prior de facto
so it is totally silly to say they technically exist

they only technically exist as purely de facto ghosts
if you call that existence
a n d
if you call that technicality

> Israel has changed its borders
> probably more than any other country during its existence.

hahahahaha
well yes perhaps during israels existence anyway
hahahahaha
& you call them borders but they are actually just military fronts
practically without exception

interesting reading my foot too

> The State Department in the US and the National Geographic
Society
> have published histories (in text and map series) of these
frontiers
> and cease fire line over the years. They make interesting
reading.

<jesniel@i...>
> wrote:
> > http://sunsite.berkeley.edu:8085/israel/50k/08-36-011-3.jpg
> >
> > Can anybody tell if these boundaries still excist, as shown on
the
> map. And what they represent.
> >
> > I find the outer boundary with settlement PAMOT quite
interesting.