Subject: Re: Jerusalem
Date: Mar 02, 2005 @ 04:25
Author: L. A. Nadybal ("L. A. Nadybal" <lnadybal@...>)

If the Arab states ever convince Israel to pull back to the 1949
borders, we'd have these no-man's-lands again that are between the
marked lines on that map. They are part of the demarcation / cease
fire line complex. Technically they exist, but de facto they've been
overrun and ignored for years. Israel has changed its borders
probably more than any other country during its existence.

The State Department in the US and the National Geographic Society
have published histories (in text and map series) of these frontiers
and cease fire line over the years. They make interesting reading.

Len

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jesper Nielsen" <jesniel@i...>