Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Middle of the World
Date: Mar 11, 2001 @ 02:09
Author: Brendan Whyte ("Brendan Whyte" <brwhyte@...>)

The main N-S highway in Sumatra also has the line painted on it and a small
arch over the road. Tourist buses stop there for photos, but no major
monument.

The tourist information centre in Rockhampton, Qld, sits on the Tropic of
Capricorn, and a large sundial-like monument stands outside.

A roadsign on the east coast highway (route 1) of the South Island, NZ,
locates 45degrees, for the many people travelling from the equator to the
pole.

Brendan