Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Saint Martin Stone
Date: Mar 09, 2001 @ 07:46
Author: Peter Smaardijk (Peter Smaardijk <peter.smaardijk@...>)

> perhaps too there are still older ones i am not aware of
> which needless to say i would be thrilled to learn about

Well, I know of a particularly nice one on the Dutch-Belgian border. Of course this is also doubled
by a boundary marker of the standard type, but it is still there. It stands in the border village of
Overslag, and as I recall it has the name Oostenrijk (=Austria) on it at the Belgian side. So the
stone probably dates back to the 18th century, when this part of Belgium (actually, most of it) was
part of the Austrian empire. Hopefully Eef can make a picture of it when he's coming to this one on
one of the next stages of his journey...

Peter S.