Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Timely article about IE (ROI?)-UK
Date: Sep 24, 2004 @ 23:13
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...>)

Kevin,

I don't think we have any disagreement. I said "separate" nations, not
"independent." The independence of Canada and Australia were undoubtedly
evolutionary rather than sudden. However, Canada celebrates its nationhood from
1867 and Australia its from 1901, not from the Statute of Westminster of 1931.
It's all a matter of semantics as to how much independence is independence and
just which step makes it complete enough to count. That's par for the course
when constitutions are granted by the mother country rather than ordained by the
governed in the republican style.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA