Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Sokh, Vorukh, and others
Date: Mar 03, 2001 @ 00:45
Author: Brendan Whyte ("Brendan Whyte" <brwhyte@...>)

There are 7 enclaves in Central asia:
4 Uzbek in Kirgizia: Sokh and shakimardan are the two big ones, and each has
a very small one between it and the Uzbek border. These small ones have
barely a hamlet in them according to Soviet maps.
There are three other Tajiki enclaves, 2 in Kyrgizia and one in Uzbekistan.
The main one in Kyrgizia is Vorukh, and there is a very small one in the far
NW of the southern arm of Kyrgyzia.
The one in Uzbekistan is long and thin, running along a stream that heads
south to the valley floor. It too has a couple of tiny hamlets, barely
bigger than peasant farms. While not specifically named on maps, the names
of their hamlets will do, as this seems the common way to name enclaves.
I will try and put up some scans soon.
I am very impressed with the info on the Belrussian enclaves. Nice to get
something from a local source on these. Most useful.

Brendan