Subject: Sv: [BoundaryPoint] border markers France-Spain
Date: Feb 01, 2001 @ 10:35
Author: Peter Hering ("Peter Hering" <hering@...>)
Prev    Post in Topic    Next
Prev    Post in Time    Next

Dear Eef,
very interesting indeed! According to all info
we have on this border it should be one of
the oldest untouched borderlines in the
world! And very well demarcated as well.
In 1998 I crossed the Spanish-French border
at a very small crossing point in the Western
Pyrenees, there wasn't any official sign at all -
you could hardly notice the change in road surface-
BUT: this must be because there's a lot of
ETA-activity going on in this area, and the
real ETA-hardliners don't recognize the border,
since they want to establish an independent
Basque state - so imo the governments didn't
want to "provoke" any moving of official
border signs...
Btw, Eef: I really don't wanna push, but are we
going to enjoy your pix from this trip in a near
future...? Would be great!
See you in Sept. !
All the best
Peter