Subject: Re: South African enclaves
Date: Oct 01, 2003 @ 18:57
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Arif Samad
<fHoiberg@y...> wrote:
> I have been pleasantly surprised by the fact that
> there are still first-level enclaves in the world to
> be found. A plethora of new map sites on the web
> helps.
> I was aware of the demarcation and mapping sites in
> South Africa, but as I did not expect any enclaves and
> fragments besides the large one between Eastern Cape
> and Kwazulu, I did not pay attention. I will now.

right on
we are still being pleasantly surprised by both claves &
megapoints alike within the primary subdivisions of many
countries previously unsuspected of having them

& we may be surprised by those of other countries whose
subdivisions keep changing

& it is good to conduct our searches simultaneously or side by
side not only as a double check but because these 2 apparently
unrelated rarities do in fact often go hand in hand

in fact i think it might be useful in future to distinguish routinely all
multipunctiferous claves from the nonmultipunctiferous ones