Subject: Re: [IBRG] LT patrol road at LTPLRU
Date: Aug 01, 2003 @ 17:59
Author: Jesper Nielsen ("Jesper Nielsen" <jesniel@...>)

Zarasai was much worse!

No obvious system*. The first guy we meet, looked like he was new to this border-thing. He was not sure what we should do, and besides that, there were a chance of guard. But UA style we got a small scrap of paper saying 9 - number of people. Eventually he dediced that we could move on.

There were no drive-in-booth where you hand in your passports. A pretty, but no fuss border girl came to us to inspect our pasports. Lot's of questions asked: car papers, our business in LV etc. etc. She even wanted to double check the the car documents with the car's frame number. We had to clue where to look, but she clearly had done it before.

Off she went with our passports. She told us very firmly to stay put. She saw somebody's camera: "Did you take any pictures." "No", we all answered surprised. Did anybody hear the canned laughter?

After a while she came back. We could go on. We are met by another bar. The guard in the small booth was barely in the mood to go and see us. "Go back to customs!", he said. We realize that we needed a cutoms stamp on the small paper scrap. The customs guy knew why we were reversing and meets us with our second stamp. Back to the bar and with two stamps on the paper we are led through.

Jesper

*not sistema :-)